In most cases, students need more sources of information besides school books when conducting research. That’s where academic research journals come in.
Online academic journals help students access credible information for their writing projects. Through a laptop, smartphone, or tablet, you can access several academic websites from anywhere, anytime.
Here, we’ve provided you with a list of the best websites for research papers to help you conduct your research with ease.
Tips On How To Do Good Research
Going online to research a topic when given an assignment or writing a paper is an easy decision. But having all available information at your fingerprint can seem overwhelming sometimes. For this reason, you need to learn how to check and select the right online academic journals to avoid headaches and wasting time.
But remember, sometimes the best online academic journals cannot help you handle complex research. In search cases, it’s wise to seek help from a professional Canadian service that can do my research paper in a short period and deliver quality work. Such services have the best writers who can research and write quality papers for students in Canada at low prices.
Additionally, their guaranteed result policy ensures you receive a top-notch paper, which can land you a high score. On that note, here are a few tips on how to do good research.
1. Start at school: When assigned a research topic, consult your teacher or librarian to find the best resources to use for the task. As such, you can be sure the school approves the resources. Sometimes, your teacher or school may have paid subscriptions to online academic journals or websites. These can provide you with information that’s hard to find via a regular internet search.
2. Sort out facts: Before you can start researching, create a list of trusted websites relevant to your topic. Also, check if the websites are up to date. Use government sites (. gov), educational sites(. Edu), and nonprofit organizations sites (. org) for research.
3. Search Smart: Use well-established sites like Bing and Google when searching for information. Use specific keywords to find more relevant information.
4. Make notes: Go through the various resources you have selected and jolt down the information you will need for your paper. Document all the sources you consult, even if you might not use the particular resource for your paper.
5. Write your paper: Organize your information and get your ideas on paper. Next, organize your ideas and craft your final paper. Proofread your document several times before handing it in.
6. Cite your resources: If you have used online academic journals as your source, it’s wise to cite them to give credit to the authors of the materials. Also, this allows the instructor to go through the various resources you have written. When you fail to cite your resources, the instructor will consider your paper plagiarized.
5 Best Online Academic Journals for Student Research
PubMed is a well-known research site in science and medicine. It’s maintained by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), a branch of the United States Library of Medicine. PubMed grants students from Canada access to over 29 million citations of biomedical literature from online books, MEDLINE, and life science journals.
CORE works is a search engine for open access research documents published by different organizations around the globe. You can access over 66 million published articles for free. CORE's advanced search feature allows you to filter your search results based on the publication type, language, journals, authors, and year.
Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
DOAJ is another great website that allows you to access over 12,000 open access academic journals. The articles cover a wide range of disciplines, including science, medicine, technology, humanities, and social sciences. Students can also access journals written in different languages from all over the world.
BioMed Central, owned by Springer Nature, offers access to some well-known publications, including BMC Medicine and BMC Biology. You can trust the data got from BMC since its a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics, a UK-based charity organization that encourages transparency in scholarly and academic research.
Bielefeld Academic Research Engine (BASE)
The BASE is another dedicated search engine boasting over 140 million academic journals from 6,000 sources. You can access about 60% of the articles for free. The search engine also allows you to filter results and view only free journals relevant to your research topic.
All academic journal websites we’ve listed allow students to access reliable research for free. So the next time your teacher assigns you a topic, use any of the websites for your research.
We hope this information will help you research effectively and develop compelling dissertations, essays, and projects.
Thank you for your time, and best of luck.