Roofing work is considered to be installation work performed at a height of more than 5 meters from the ground or from the nearest floor. The working process is carried out by the method of industrial mountaineering, using special equipment.
High-altitude work is classified as a high-risk category, therefore only trained, qualified and certified specialists are allowed to work. Companies providing services for performing high-rise works are required to have an appropriate package of permits for their successful implementation. So, how to choose roofing contractors?
When You May Need Roofing Works?
High-altitude industrial mountaineering allows for high-altitude installation work in the following cases:
- Roofing work is planned in a small space (for example, in a ventilation shaft, inside a water tower, or in a boiler room chimney);
- Construction or dismantling activities must be carried out promptly (in particular, when there is no time to provide access for special equipment to the work site);
- The features of the building or the elements to be mounted require work at a height without special restrictions (special equipment cannot always get close to the place of high-rise installation work on the facade of the building);
- The height of the building doesn’t allow the use of special equipment, or leads to a strong rise in the cost of the project;
- It is also important that the high-altitude installation work performed by highly qualified roofing contractors in Worcester, in many cases, is more cost-effective than the use of equipment.
Roofing Work Classification
In a case you need to order roofing replacement or other type of altitude task, you should clearly understand what services they can be provided with. And their range is very wide, and depends only on the very specialization of the climber. Indeed, in addition to special mountaineering knowledge, such a professional must also have construction and repair skills.
So, by contacting a company that provides roofing repair services, you will most likely find such a list:
- outdoor lighting and festive garlands;
- advertisements and other signs;
- drainage systems;
- air conditioners;
- metal structures;
- radio communication towers;
- lightning rods.
- facade work:
- insulation of facades;
- restoration work;
- installation of drainage systems;
- waterproofing balconies;
- painting of external objects (normal and anti-corrosion);
- windows installation and other ebbs.
- welding work at height;
- cleaning snow and icicles;
- felling of trees and branches;
- lifting oversized cargo.
The Main Advantages
The services of industrial climbers have a number of advantages:
- To carry out the roof work, it is not required to install a scaffold and carry out other preparatory measures;
- Economic benefit. The customer only needs to pay for the services of a specialist, since there is no need to separately hire special equipment;
- The climber can perform work in hard-to-reach places where it is impossible to use special equipment;
- There are no height restrictions, which is especially important when cleaning windows on skyscrapers;
- Considering all of the above, high-rise works have a very wide range of works and both industrial structures and buildings, as well as residential private houses and high-rise buildings, need the services of experienced industrialists.