Photo by pinterest.com via pinterest.com
How to Survive Long Haul Flights (Expert Flight Tips...
Stay Hydrated During Long Flights
Staying hydrated while travelling is an integral part of a comfortable trip. When it comes to long flights, this is especially true. During a flight which can last for several hours or even days, it is important to keep up with your hydration. Not only will you feel better while in the air, it will also help to keep your energy levels balanced. Below we've outlined the top 10 tips to help you stay hydrated while travelling.
To start off, there are two primary sources of hydration: water and other fluids. Water is the most obvious choice for a flight, as it is the most hydrating of all beverages. In addition to water, you can also opt for flavored waters, juices, or sports drinks. Be sure to avoid sugary drinks as they won't help you stay hydrated as much.
Tips for Staying Hydrated
1. Always pack an empty water bottle. Bring an empty reusable water bottle with you onto the flight and fill it up once you pass through security or you can always ask a massage attendant to fill it up for you.
2. Drink water frequently. Try not to go more than an hour without drinking something.
3. Eat food with high water content. Fruits, vegetables, and water-rich foods are ideal.
4. Bring snacks with electrolytes. Electrolytes, such as sports drinks, help to replace the fluids and minerals you lose when you sweat. Eating snacks with electrolytes such as pretzels will help you stay hydrated throughout the flight.
5. Avoid alcohol and caffeine. Alcohol and caffeine are diuretics, meaning that they will cause you to lose more water than you would in an otherwise hydrated state.
6. Choose your beverage wisely. Water is usually the best choice for hydration. However, if you don’t enjoy drinking water, opt for another non-caffeinated beverage. For example, coconut water is high in electrolytes, plus it tastes great.
7. Balance your fluids and electrolytes. Drink an acidic drink, such as cranberry or orange juice, for every liter of water you consume. This will help to keep your fluids balanced.
8. Stay active. Sitting still for too long can cause dehydration. To stay hydrated, move around periodically during long flights. By standing up, taking a small walk, and stretching your legs, you’ll get your blood flowing and remain hydrated.
9. Avoid overeating. Eating too much can decrease the amount of water in your body. It is best to have small, frequent meals, which will help you both stay hydrated and not feel overstuffed.
10. Drink more after landing. After a long flight, your body will likely have lost a lot of water. To avoid feeling tired or dehydrated, try to drink as much water as possible once you've landed.
Photo by pinterest.com via pinterest.com
Learn about Stay hydrated on Youtube
Long-haul flight tips SURVIVAL GUIDE: Proven...
TRAVEL SURVIVAL GUIDE: 27 tips for surviving a long...
Travel Tips for a Long Flight: (Long Haul...
Must Have LONG FLIGHT ESSENTIALS | What to Pack for a...
Long-haul flight tips SURVIVAL GUIDE: Proven...422K views
TRAVEL SURVIVAL GUIDE: 27 tips for surviving a long...357K views
Travel Tips for a Long Flight: (Long Haul...403K views
Must Have LONG FLIGHT ESSENTIALS | What to Pack for a...191K views
Let's See Stay hydrated's Photo
Latest News related to Stay hydrated
Thanksgiving Travel: Tips to Stay Healthy
The holiday season is getting under way, and for many Americans, traveling home to gather with family and friends at the Thanksgiving table is an annual rite of passage this time of year. Amid all the joyous (and sometimes stressful) hustle and bustle,
How Expert Travel Advisors Prepare for a Long International Flight
Everyone seems to have their own approach to tackling a long international flight. Do you watch three back-to-back movies? Bring your favorite eye mask? We asked our A-List advisors to share their advice — and with hundreds of collective in-flight hours logged,
5 Tips to Survive a Long Flight
We all love to travel, but not many ... you'll learn which methods are best for you, but to get you started, here are five simple tips for surviving long flights. See: How to Get Upgraded on ...
15 Holiday Travel Tips for a Less Stressful Festive Season
Here are 15 tips that will help you navigate the intricacies of holiday travel, so you can spend less time worrying and more time celebrating. The Best ... stay entertained even on long-haul flights.
Coronavirus: How to Stay Healthy While Traveling
Tips to Stay Healthy ... all can go a long way in keeping your immune system strong even before you start your journey. As you plan the trip itself, do your best to pick flight times that still ...
Sleeping on long-haul flights: Here are the top tips for snoozing in the sky
For most of us, the prospect of a long-haul flight is exciting ... As a stimulant, caffeine helps us stay alert. Even if you're a regular coffee drinker and can fall asleep after drinking ...
COVID-19 Travel: How to Stay Safe When Flying
We could all use COVID-19 travel tips now that restrictions are easing up. Experts lend advice on staying safe in airports ... this won't work for a long-haul flight, but try to limit how ...